Sicily, The Historic Palaces
Transportation: Private first class Vehicle & Driver
Guide: Historical-literary Tour Escort + Local Guides as per program
Period : Year round - on request
Duration: 7 nights/8 days
Exclusive visits and dinners at privately owned residences
Stay as a guest rather than a tourist
Visit local markets for colorful contrast and sample Sicilian streetfood
Admire the Sicilian Baroque Towns
Discover Sicily from a private luxury perspective. Let us bring you into historical houses, hard-to-get private palaces, as guests of the owners.
About the Palaces
Palermo, Palazzo Ajutamicristo which originally dates back to the late 15th century, has been continuously expanded and modified throughout the centuries.
The frescoed ballroom ceiling is particularly interesting. Representing "The Glory of the Virtuous Prince", painted by Giuseppe Crestadoro, it crowns a large room leading to the flowered terrace.
The Palazzo, listed as a National Monument and a part of the Italian Historic Houses Association, has a historical tradition for hosting important national and international events.
Palermo, Palazzo Valguarnera Gangi, known to most people for being the location of the famous ball scene in the film by Luchino Visconti's ’The Leopard’, is the most beautiful 18th century building in the city. Still owned by a direct discendent of the Valguarnera family, for over three centuries, the Palace continues to host distinguished guests including Queen Elizabeth, Edward VII, Richard Wagner.
Meticulously maintained and restored, the dazzling beauty of its rooms reflects the Princess' personal impeccable attention to every detail.
Catania, Palazzo Biscari is one of the oldest palaces in the city, a precious relic of the Sicilian Rococo past. Preliminary construction of the palace itself began in 1702 after the catastrophic earthquake of 1693 that destroyed half of Sicily. Its spectacular octagonal hall with its Rococo artwork is the highlight of this seven hundred room palace.
Siracusa, Palazzo Beneventano del Bosco. The building dates from the Middle Ages, now largerly rebuilt in the late 18th century. Built around an enclosed courtyard, it's a perfect example of Sicilian Baroque architecture with canted facades adorned with twin columns, angelic cherubs, and exquisite statuary - all highlighted by the architect's skillfull exploitation of natural lights and shadows in his work.